CAPTAIN BILLY'S 4WD HIRE - WORLDWIDE YOU DRIVE COMPANIES
Escape - into the spectacular Cape York region. ‘Last frontier’ of Australia that adventurers and lovers of the outdoors find hard to resist. Explore the bush camping opportunities; to camp in the bush is a huge draw card for many visitors to the Cape.
Captain Billy's Cape York 4WD Hire is located in Cairns. The friendly, knowledgeable team at Captain Billy’s Cape York 4WD Hire believe there is more to excellent customer service than just ‘meeting and greeting’ you as you sign paperwork before driving off on your “beyond and back” adventure. They know the region and can offer you plenty of good advice.
Your Toyota Diesel 4WD Land Cruiser or off road Kimberley Kamper provides comfortable access and accommodation to endless new opportunities in the Cape York Peninsula. This includes scenic touring, fishing, hiking, Aboriginal rock art, National Parks and the many creek crossings along the old Telegraph Track that are part of the adventure of any Cape York trip. With heavy duty suspension and tyres these are great vehicles for getting off-road and exploring the back-tracks of Cape York.
All vehicles are customised and fitted out to accommodate the daily requirements for traveling in this region.
The staff are keen to share their passion and knowledge of the Cape York area, including history and flora and fauna, and will ensure that you get to see and experience the best of everything in this fabulous region of Northern Australia.
Our staff are well known throughout the peninsula as the only 4WD operators who offer the best combination of vehicles and trailers.
We also offer a “one way” hire option. Some of our clients have chosen to travel one way to Bamaga then fly back or return by sea on-board the MV Trinity Bay. The vehicle is then returned to Cairns by by our staff for a relocation fee.
The staff are keen to share their passion and knowledge of the Cape York area, including history and flora and fauna, and will ensure that you get to see and experience the best of everything that this fabulous region of Northern Australia has to offer.
Captain Billy's 4WD Hire is a family owned and operated business that has specialised in the travel and tourism industry since 1983 and is dedicated to exceptional customer service and satisfaction.
There are currently no terms and conditions for travel during this period. If your rental is during these travel dates, new terms and conditions may apply. Please contact us before booking.
Captain Billy's 4WD Hire InsuranceVehicle Security Deposit
Standard comprehensive insurance cover is included in the daily rental rate, a standard vehicle security deposit of AU$5000 applies.
On collection of the vehicle the Customer agrees to pay a Vehicle Security Deposit and authorises the owner to deduct from the Security deposit any amounts due by them to the owner arising out of the Agreement. The vehicle Security Deposit can be reduced and this is determined by which Excess Reduction Options is selected.
Supplier offers the following option to reduce this excess:
Option 1 AU$45 per day (maximum charge of AU$800)
The excess is reduced to AU$2500, which is held as your security deposit. The AU$2500 is taken as an imprint of your credit card when the vehicle collected.
Option 2 AU$35 per day (maximum charge of AU$1400)
The excess is reduced to AU$1500, an imprint of your credit card is held to cover any charges liable under the contract.
*An additional excess of AU$1200 shall apply to single vehicle damage incidents or where details of a third party vehicle are not supplied and no police report is obtained.
With All Vehicles Full Cost of Liability Applies if:
1. Any water related damage, which includes but is not limited to:
2. Any vehicle submersion
3. Contact with salt water
4. Creek or river crossing
5. Driving through low plain flooded areas
6. Beach driving.
If the terms of the Rental Agreement are breached the hirer will be responsible for the total cost of any damage. This will also include any damage caused by willful misconduct (e.g. sitting or standing on the bonnet or roof of the vehicle) and driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Exclusions to the excess reduction
1. Personal belongings: We recommend the hirer does not leave valuables in the vehicle and that they take out personal insurance.
2. The incorrect use of fuel (fuel being diesel or petrol). The hirer will be responsible for any associated cost.
3. The cost to retrieve or recover a vehicle which has become bogged
4. The cost to replace keys, which have become lost, or retrieval of keys, which have been locked in a vehicle.
5. Overhead and underbody damage to the vehicle.
6. Any damage arising from misjudgment of dimensions
7. Driving on restricted roads.
8. Any costs associated with breakdown or accident on unsealed roads.
9. Damage to mechanical parts or the interior of the vehicle due to misuse or negligence.
Addtional Terms and Conditions for 4wd Bush Camper Insurance Exclusions:
All insurance will be void if any of the following “Exclusions” are breached:
• Damage caused where the terms of Rental Contract have been breached.
• Damage caused by negligence.
• Damage caused to the Vehicle in any way by part or total water submersion or salt water.
• Damage caused due to a single vehicle roll over.
• Damage caused to the Vehicle by the renter’s wilful conduct.
• Damage caused to the Vehicle when using the Vehicle in contravention of any legislation or regulation controlling vehicular traffic.
• Damage or loss caused to any personal belongings.
• Damage caused due to use of incorrect or contaminated fuel.
• Damage to the awning, overhead or underbody of the Vehicle.
The vehicles can be driven on recognised unsealed roads but you will need permission from the depot manager to take the vehicles to Cape York. This permission is weather dependant on the current weather for the area and will only be given at the time the hire starts.
Vehicles are NOT permitted to travel to Cape York between the months of December to April (due to bad weather conditions).
Vehicles are NOT permitted to travel on the “Old Telegraph Track” (except to visit the Fruit Bat/Elliot/Twin waterfalls area). Please don’t confuse the “Old Telegraph Track” with the “Telegraph Road” which you are allowed to travel on. You are also allowed to travel on the Peninsula Development Road, the Telegraph Road, The Bamaga Road (also known in sections as the Southern and Northern Bypass road to the “Old Telegraph Track”).
The Bamaga Road will lead you to the very tip of Australia where you can catch ferries to the islands of the Torres Straits.
Please consult a good map provider for road names and details like the “Hema Map” company.