EUROPCAR MOTORHOME RENTALS IS - WORLDWIDE YOU DRIVE COMPANIES
Founded back in 1966 Höldur ehf ? Bílaleiga Akureyrar franchisee for Europcar car rental is the largest car rental company in Iceland with a fleet close to 3000 vehicles and 16 rental locations all around the island.
Reliable and personal customer service, flexible agent network and a broad fleet of well maintained vehicles makes Europcar the number one choice when renting a car in Iceland.
With an outstanding team of motivated car rental experts Europcar has built an unmatched reputation through the decades, something that can´t be bought in this industry. Maybe the best advertisement of all is the many returning and satisfied customers.
Renting one-way is easy with these many rental locations to choose from around Iceland. The biggest rental stations are in central Reykjavik and at the International Airport in Keflavík but the head office of the company and reservations centre is in Akureyri which often is called the capital of the north. Bílaleiga Akureyrar - Europcar is the first and only car rental in Iceland to claim certification according to the ISO9001 quality standard and the ISO14001 environmental standard as well as “Vakinn” the quality and environmental standard of the Icelandic travel industry.
ICELAND´S GREEN CAR RENTAL
The managers of Bilaleiga Akureyrar are well aware of the negative effect of cars on the environment and are prepared to contribute to reducing this effect as much as possible. BA aims to improve the utilization of natural resources and thus promote sustainable development. For this purpose the company is determined to enhance constant reformation in environmental matters in order to reduce the negative influence which the running of a car rental firm has on the environment.
The company intends to:
- Ensure that the staff are trained and informed about the environmental policy of the company and that laws and regulations about environmental matters are always followed.
- Reduce emissions from the company’s fleet. This will be done by taking CO2 emissions into consideration when new cars are purchased.
- Sort the company’s waste and encourage the staff to utilize raw materials better and to re?use whenever possible.
- Promote monitoring of the environment according to ISO 14001
- Inform its customers about energy efficient driving and consideration for the country’s nature.
- Keep green accounts and issue an annual environmental report to advise the public on the status of environmental affairs within the company.
- Support re?vegetation projects in Iceland.
..to direct involvement the company’s management hopes to set a good example in environmental matters to encourage other companies in the travel industry, institutions and the general public to emphasize the preservation of the environment and sustainable development. It is our duty to take responsibility and consider the future of the next generations.
There are currently no terms and conditions for travel during this period. If your rental is during these travel dates, new terms and conditions may apply. Please contact us before booking.
Europcar Motorhome Rentals IS Insurance